Apply for a swedish VISA
It is a privilege for us to receive delegates from all over the world to our conferences/events! For those who need an invitation to obtain a Swedish visa we have a few questions due to the regulations of the Swedish migration authorities regarding the issuing of visas. We use a registration page where you fill in all your personal information and upload a bank statement.
Please use the following link above to get the procedure of getting an invitation started.
We will send you the letter(s) of invitation after reviewing your registration(s). Note that it is crucial that you give us all information asked for in order for us to be able to send you the letter of invitation. We will not handle your request if not completely filled out.
Due to a large number of visa requests we are unable to take any visa request by mail or phone.
We do know that the Swedish migration board is very restrictive with visas. Unfortunately this is not something we as a church can influence. In order to help you in the process we have a few kind reminders:
· Please be aware that the Swedish migration board will require a bank statement or a similar document from you stating that you have the financial means to cover all costs in connection with your stay in Sweden. The bank statement needs to be up to date, i.e. it needs to show your balance of account the current month.
· Sweden has stipulated how much money a visitor from a country outside the EU needs for his/her support here. The sum is SEK 450 (47 Euro) per person and day.
· Travellers from countries outside the EU will from now on have to show documents at the border which verify that they have enough money to fulfil the demands for money of the Schengen countries. This applies both to visitors who have entry visas and visitors who do not need this permit. The sums vary from country to country.
· Please be informed (as many ask about it) that unfortunately we do not give any sponsorship in any form and do not cover any costs of the trip, food or accommodation. You must cover all your costs yourself!
· There is no conference fee, just about 250 SEK for all conference for hiring the receiver if you need interpretation from Swedish into e.g. English.
· Also please note that you will need an individual medical travel insurance which covers the costs which could arise as a result of emergency medical assistance, emergency hospitalisation or medical repatriation. The insurance should cover costs of at least EUR 30,000 and be valid in all the Schengen countries
We encourage you to start your travel- and visa preparations early.
We look forward to seeing you at the conference/event here in Uppsala!
Thank You and God Bless You!